January 4, 2012

NEWS: Las Vegas RTC Paratransit Rider Not Eligible to Use Power Wheelchair

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA - November 29, 2011 - A RTC Paratransit user expresses frustration over the refusal of the RTC (Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada) to allow her to use the Paratransit Service when she is in her electric power wheelchair. She is eligible to ride Paratransit, but only as an ambulatory passenger. The RTC said that, based upon their assessment of her driving skills in her power chair, she should be able to access a wheelchair accessible fixed-route transit bus. The woman has appealed the RTC decision.

1 comment:

Wheelchair said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Power Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)